Little League Baseball in Stoney Creek has a history dating back to 1957, when Murray Hislop approached the Optimist Club of Stoney Creek to sponsor a baseball league for boys aged 10 to 12. The Optimist Club applied for a charter from Little League Baseball Headquarters in Williamsport, Pennsylvania and was accepted as a chartered member in 1958. The first Little League games were played on Collegiate Avenue and moved over to the current location a couple of years later.
The Grasshopper (Minor) Division for 8 and 9 year olds began in 1960, with a Senior Division starting in 1962. T- Ball was introduced to the children of Stoney Creek in 1967.
In 1962, Stoney Creek sent its first all-star team to represent Canada at the Little League World Series. They did it again in 1965. The 1965 team was the first Canadian team to reach the finals at the Little League World Series, losing 3-1 in the final game to a team from Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Also in 1965, Stoney Creek represented Canada at the Senior Little League World Series.
To this day, Stoney Creek is the only organization to represent Canada at both the Little League and Senior Little League World Series in the same year.